Sunday, May 1, 2011

Rocks! Rocks! Rocks!



You'll have to excuse my excitement, but exciting things don't happen to me often. Unless of course you count switching conditioners, purchasing stationary items, or receiving junk mail as fun filled events.


Than that's a whole other matter that we wont be discussing later.














I'm delighted to inform you all that, for the next 6 months Gaffa will be partaking in the 'Rocks pop up project,' an event aimed at showcasing Sydney's creative community, supported by the NSW government through Sydney Harbour Foreshore Authority, and Arts NSW.

Hot diggity.

We have received a quaint little space within the heart of the rocks, which, after a little elbow grease and a trip to Bunnings, will be the perfect location to showcase the diverse range of talented artists that regularly exhibit at Gaffa. You can come and check things out in the 12th of May, however the official opening won’t take place until 19th at 7.30pm. To starts things off artists Geoff Farquhar-Still, Dan Lorrimer, and Marina Neilson, will be exhibiting their interactive art work titled ‘Semi Automatic.’

I remember their 2010 Gaffa show 'reflex' fondly...

Whimsical poetic machines that, at the flick of a switch, or the press of a button, spring into action. I mean, come on, who doesn't like to poke objects and make them move?? The whole effect was smile inducing, and I honestly can't wait to play with these magical creations all over again.


I suppose I could end with a joke that encourages you to 'come and press my buttons' on the 19th of May, but I'm sure everyone will agree, that would be poor form. Instead I will simply suggest with a grin that you can 'flick my switch' on the 19th of May, 7.30 pm at #85 George street.

Infact I will insist on it.





















No comments:

Post a Comment